Monday, May 10, 2010

Chair #2 "My Power Chair"


Chapter 3…Chair #2 “My Power Chair”

Just couldn’t help myself…I need to leave chair #1 as when I posted the picture of my bleeding heart plant, I just have to switch and go to chair #2…..my power chair. My escape to the outside world. Boy, am I glad the days are finally turning warm as now I can wind around my side walks and check the gardens out up close. Even pull a weed or two in the process. There won’t be a whole lot of conversation this time as I want to share my yard with you.

We had winding sidewalks put in all away around the house and wide enough to hold my chair so that I could reach every place I wanted to go. I still sometimes aim that thing like a drunken sailor on Saturday nights as I get out of practice during the winter months. Raymond has more than a few sprinklers to fix due to my crazy steering. I did have the chair man come and tighten up the “joy stick” that is my steering wheel as it has been really loose and wobbly. He fixed it with a computer no less! I get to try it out tomorrow if it doesn’t end up too cold or rainy.

I want to get some pictures while everything is sooo pretty. A lot of the ground cover has been in long enough to really fill in some of those empty spaces and it is amaze of color out there. Most of the tulips and all of the daffodils are gone and the shrubs and bushes are budding. The red bud trees are in full bloom. The tulip tree was the first to come out and it never has been so full! It was gorgeous!! The rain and the winds took off the flowers really quick which was a bummer. The tulip tree is shown below plus an up close on one of them when it was half way out. The bleeding heart mentioned in the last chapter wouldn’t go where I wanted so I deleted it and put it here.

Tulip tree Tulip blossom up close Bleeding heart
Until my daughter, Mary, gets here with her camera I want to show you our pumpkin patch in 2008. The Thanksgiving in 2007 we had pumpkins around the yard and two of them were by the gate in the corner up by the street. We had forgotten to throw them away and didn’t see them until it snowed then they stuck out like a sore thumb. We just left them there as they were all gushy. We never even thought about anything growing but low and behold, we had the neatest pumpkin patch! We never did anything to them and they just got water when everything else did on the sprinkler system.

Grandpa had a pumpkin party where six of the grandkids plus a friend came and got to pick out their pumpkins. Grandpa had bought Halloween cookies and made lemonade for all of them. Evan, not even two , just had to carry his own pumpkin. Nope, no one could help him. The four boys just had to carve them as soon as they got home so they got to eat their supper by pumpkin light!! What memories. I could never imagine my mom letting us do that! These four boys have the neatest parents ever!!

Even Tanner picked out his pumpkin!

No comments:

Post a Comment